If you are searching for how to increase the speed of the router through the Rockspace WiFi extender setup? Then you arrive at the correct post. On this page, you will know the seven ways by which you can easily boost the speed of the router. Let’s dive into the process.
Note: Before doing the rockspace extender setup, first you will do these additional tips to increase the speed of the router.
Method 1: Remove Extra Gadgets
Those gadgets that connect to the router internet use your router bandwidth. Make sure to remove all the devices which are not in use with the help of this they don’t catch your WiFi signal. After completing this method try again to connect your main device to the router WiFi again and see if it gives you the best performance or not.
- Login into your router on your computer device and see all the connected gadgets. Remove that device that you don’t want on your WiFi network.
If you don’t know how to login into the rockspace router then go to re.rockspace.local. Enter this web address in the URL bar of the browser.
Method 2: Settle Rockspace Router- At Central-Place Of House
When you place your router near exterior walls then you will not get more range and coverage. In that condition, we suggest you place your router in the main area of your house. With the help of this, you will get a strong WiFi signal in all areas of the house. Take one ethernet cable and join it to the router long port or modem to put back the plug-in it.
Method 3: Shift Router Away From Metal Objects
Anything between your Wavlink router also decreases the strength of the WiFi signal. Those appliances which cause the most interference with your router WiFi network such as microwaves, cordless phones, refrigerators, etc, Even wood, bricks, water, etc also absorb WiFi signal and decrease the range of WiFi. When you place your router then just avoid locating it near these appliances.
Method 4: Change Router Frequency Band
The 2.4GHz frequency band easily passes through the walls and boosts up the range of the WiFi. Many of the routers support both 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequency bands that you connect separately. On the other hand, the 5GHz frequency band offers you a strong WiFi signal but does not easily pass through an exterior wall. So that it does not offer you the best range. So it is your choice which frequency band you want.
Method 5: Update Firmware Of Rockspace Router
Upgradation of firmware improves the overall performance of the rockspace router. Search online for your router model number to see if there is any updated list on the official website. If you find any update then you will be required to login into the rockspace router on a new tab of your browser and see an option labelled ‘firmware update’. Now download that latest firmware file on your computer. Before trying out your WiFi, wait for a few minutes to upgrade the firmware successfully.
Method 6: Place Foil Paper At The Edges Of The Router
Foil paper also helps you to reflect the WiFi signal in all directions of the house. The help of soda and water bottles gives shape to it. Now take out foil paper and place it vertically at the edges of the router. For just an example place a foil paper between your Wifi gadget and router, try this method when you are facing the slow speed of the internet.
Note: After trying all the above-mentioned six tips if you are still facing a slow-speed internet problem then try out this final method.
Method 7: Acquire Rockspace WiFi Extender
Rockspace WiFi extender is a device that helps you to remove all the dead spot areas of your house. With the help of this device, you can quickly extend the range of the rockspace router.
Overview Of Rockspace WiFi Extender
- It increases the range of the router.
- The installation process is very easy.
- You can purchase it on a very affordable budget.
- Rockspace extender comes with dual frequency bands.
Login Into Rockspace WiFi Range Extender
- First, find the location where you want to do the setup of the rockspace extender.
- Make sure the placement of the rockspace extender is closer to the host router.
- Now, launch the web browser and enter the web address of the rockspace extender in the URL bar.
- Now, fill in the username and password to login into it.
- Finally, you can see the login page of the rockspace extender on your display.
Common Requirements During Rockspace Extender Setup
- You must have an extender or one active power adaptor.
- Without these things, you can’t do the login and setup process of the rockspace extender.
- Also, you need one long ethernet cable.
Setup Process Of Rockspace Extender
Through two different methods, you can configure their rockspace extender.
- With the help of an ethernet cable.
- With the help of the WPS button.
By WPS Method
- First, turn on your extender and place the extender in a power socket.
- After that, wait for a while to see a solid blue LED.
- Make sure to place your rockspace extender closer to the host router.
- Press the WPS button on the Rockspace router.
- Now, just inside in two minutes press the WPS button of the extender.
- After this, the setup process is completely done, and place it in the new location of your house where you want.
By An Ethernet Cable
- Join an ethernet cable to the router ethernet port.
- Before doing the setup of an extender, your computer must be linked to the router.
- Now, attach the other end of the ethernet cable to the extender port.
- Wait for a while to see the LED solid blue.
- As a result, your rockspace WiFi range extender successfully links to the router.
Note: After the configuration process of the rockspace extender, if you are facing any type of difficulty then follow these troubleshooting tips.
- Verify the distance between the extender and the router.
- Check the placement of the Rockspace WiFi extender.
- See all the cables.
- Update the software of the extender.
Tip: In case, your extender problem is not solved then reset your rockspace extender. After resetting you will need to do the rockspace WiFi extender setup again.
With the help of these 7 boosting tips, we hope your slow-speed internet issue is now solved. After setup of the extender if you are still facing an issue then ping us and discuss your problem. Stay aware of more information regarding this.